Monday, January 25, 2010

A realization...

I love my friends. I love my family. That isn't the realization that I had. The realization is that my friends and family have all told me that they are here for me and Jonathan and will help us, whatever we need...I realized this weekend that it only goes so far and that really...Jonathan and I are in it for ourselves for the next year. As much as friends and family want to help us while Steve is gone, people have their own lives and we are not a priority....which is fine...but it took some things to happen for me to really understand.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard, but you do get to that point. People want to help, they do and they do care. But, like you said, they've got their own issues to worry out, their own lives. No one is going to walk in and do this for you & the novelty for them wears off at some point. It's a process adjusting to this phase in your life & you'll get there. My outlook on a lot of things has changed with our experiences over the past 5 years. *hgus*

    ReplyDelete