Sunday, March 21, 2010

Being an Army Wife...

I know that this blog is dedicated to talking about what goes on in my life on a day to day basis...most about the Army, some about all the other aspects in my life.
Today, I had a moment...I was watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition. They were rebuiling a house for a Army National Guard Family whose house was devestated by Hurricane Katrina. The show was more about the family than the soldier and it was very heartfelt and amazing. I think that a lot of people watch the news and see the soldiers but never really think about what each soldier has left behind. They have left behind jobs, friends, family, leisure etc...The have left behind the moments that they will never get back. Seeing your children grow up, seeing success and sadness, all things we all take for granted on a day to day basis.
It is VERY HARD what I do every day...as any Army or military wife can attest to. But I do it, and I really try not to complain....because I am so very proud of what Steve is doing overseas and thinking about him is motivating to me!
I want to just take this moment to thank him and all the other soldiers for their sacrifice and ALSO want to thank their families for the sacrifice that THEY make as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment