Monday, March 8, 2010

How I feel today....

One day removed from my half marathon, I am feeling really sore but SO happy that I did it and so happy that it is over! I feel such a sense of accomplishment but I also feel a lot of sadness. I can't even tell you how much I wish Steve was there to meet me at the end. He sent me a message on facebook while I was running saying that he was proud of me and that was a great motivator!
But today, sitting here, alone, I just can't stop thinking about him...how much I wish I could have just held his hand a little bit longer while he was home, given him one more kiss. I get through every day with help from my friends and family. Work is a great distraction as well as homework and of course, Jonathan. But, when I get home, get Jonathan all settled in to bed, and listen to the silence, it makes me sad and miss Steve even more. I know, every day I get through is a day closer to Steve getting home but it just seems like time is barely moving.
I WILL get through this, I WILL!!!
On a good note, Jonathan is doing miraculously well. He misses Steve a lot but he hasn't regressed at all. As a matter of fact, he is talking more and just being a little LOVE most of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment