Thursday, July 8, 2010

What an amazing 2 weeks!







What a whirlwind of a 2 weeks we had together as a family. I am sorry it has taken me a while to blog it but it has taken me time to put all of my thoughts together.



Picking Steve up at the airport was the source of butterflies in my tummy! I was freaking out all morning and I couldn't wait to leave for the airport. It almost felt like a first date feeling, yet I was getting to see the man I already knew I loved more than anything! The moment I saw him I was overcome with emotions that I hadn't felt in some time. I also was blown away by Jonathan's reaction....he ran to steve so fast as soon as he saw his boots coming down the stairs into the luggage claim area. He jumped up for Steve to pick him up and didn't want to let go. I didn't want to let go either.



Throughout the two weeks, I joked with Steve saying that if I tied him up and didn't bring him to the airport, could I keep him? Of course I would never do that and I knew the answer to it but I just wanted the time to stop. I wanted to savor every moment.



Steve and I got to go out together as a couple while my friend Emily watched Jonathan for the night. We spent the night at Shades of Green which is a military resort on Disney property. We got stuck in a crazy rain storm (almost like the rain we got stuck in on our honeymoon, it was kinda fun). We didn't get to see the fireworks and parade like we had planned but that was okay.



We also spent time at Disney together as a family which was amazing! Jonathan is finally able to ride the 40 inch or taller rides and Steve got to experience the first times for Jonathan. Steve didn't ride Big Thunder Mountain but Jonathan and I did and Jonathan was so brave! He screamed with glee the whole time and when he got off, he ran to Steve and yelled, "Daddy, that was SO AWESOME!" He also rode Star Tours with Steve and me. That is one of my least favorite rides but Steve LOVES that ride so to see the two of them ride it together put a smile on my face:)



For 2 nights, we stayed at the hotel on MacDill Airforce Base and we enjoyed our time together. It was very low key but what a great time. We got to go to the beach and build sand castles. Jonathan thought it was so much fun to do this with Daddy:)



Lastly, we took our family pictures. We had it done through Operation Love Reunited like we did when Steve came back for his 4 day pass back in February. We were able to get our pictures done at the Boardwalk at Disney and although Jonathan was very cranky, Erika Hopkins worked her magic and I just can't wait to see the pictures. She was amazing with Jonathan (she had more patience than Steve and I combined!)



The 2 weeks really flew by. I miss Steve like crazy every single day. I didn't want to bring him to the airport. I was pretty proud of myself though. I didn't cry the night before like I had done both other times. I didn't even cry on the way to the airport. But when he got out of the car and he had already talked to Jonathan, I just lost it. I cried in his arms but knew it was time to let go and let him finish the mission he had started. I can't put into words how proud I am to be an Army wife. There is no other feeling like it in the world.



1 comment:

  1. Jenn, as I read this I have goose bumps and tears in my eyes. I am sooo glad that you had an amazing 2 weeks with Steve while he was home. It is hard for someone who is not an Army wife to understand the pride that we feel for our soldiers. You are putting it into words. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. Love always to you, Steve & Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete