Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I have a very real fear...

I think about it all of the time...I can't get it out of my head...
I am SO afraid that Steve won't be the same person when he comes home from Kuwait...even when he comes home from Texas for the few days that he will be here. I don't know what I am expecting...I know that doing what he will be doing will be hard, scary, etc....I know you CAN'T be the same after being involved in a deployment. We have SO many goals for his return, I guess what scares me is that those goals will change. I love Steve will all of my heart and I know he feels the same about me...there is no denying that...but I am just scared...very scared!
But I can't wait to wrap my arms around him at the airport! There will be tons of pictures taken over the course of the weekend!!! We are just going to relax and enjoy every moment that we can until Tuesday morning when I have to go to work and bring Jonathan to school and say, yet again, "see you later" to Steve. This is so overwhelming!!!
But I do want to reassure everyone out there reading this blog...I am doing okay! I am keeping my head up and making sure that Jonathan and I live every day to the fullest. I think that I am doing better than most expected. I smile every day and make sure that Jonathan knows that he is loved by everyone including his daddy who is off being a hero!
OMG I can't WAIT for this weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. One day at at time..........one moment at a time.......easy? Nope, not at all! Can you get through it? Yes, you can and will! Lots of hugs to you girl, you are doing an amazingly good job!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.
    Thanks for visiting me this past weekend! It was nice to spend a few hours together! :)

    ReplyDelete